If you’re a savvy marketer or business, you’ve very likely jumped on the mobile marketing bandwagon. Perhaps you’ve developed your own mobile site, run a few QR code campaigns or even launched your own handy little app. But now that the hard work is done, it’s not enough to just sit back and hope for the best. You need to measure your results.
If you don’t measure it, you can’t manage it
Measuring your efforts is important and should not be something just left to chance. You need to know your ROI and other important metrics in order to prioritise limited resources and enable you to create the most effective mobile strategies going forward.
Here are some very good reasons to track your mobile marketing efforts:
- If you can’t prove ROI, you’re going to have a hard time convincing the powers that be to keep investing in mobile marketing strategies. If you like your job, it’s a good idea to track ROI.
- Analytics help you determine which of your mobile strategies have been the most effective so you can do more of them.
- You need to know what type of devices your customers are using. Since different devices have different reach, you can prioritise your mobile marketing efforts based on this information – be it QR codes, SMS, apps, etc.
- Metrics help you better understand customer behaviour on your site or application. By measuring engagement, you can refine your site or application to create a superior user experience, which will translate into more engagement as well as sales.
- If you have an app, you need to track usage patterns. For example, does a particular age group use the app more than others? Having these metrics will help you target your marketing efforts more effectively.
Clearly, tracking metrics are a must for any business venturing into the mobile marketing arena, and contrary to popular belief, it needn’t be difficult or mysterious.
Contact Acromobile today to learn how to measure your mobile marketing results for increased profitability and success.